Policy from 8AM Sunday, November 22 through 11PM December 22, 2015:
We have had many complaints from students about Group Study Rooms being monopolized during Finals for 24, 36, or even 48 hours straight. So we created this policy to set time limits on the use of Group Study Rooms during Finals, with fines in place for going over time. This new policy, successfully piloted in Spring 2015, ensures a turnover of the rooms so that more students have access to them.
How it works:
- 2 Students present both their ID’s to get a room key.
- Both students must return the key after 8 hours.
- The late fee is $3.00 every 15 minutes ($12.00 per hour) for each student.
- There is a 10-minute grace period for returning the key.
If Rooms are all Taken:
- If all rooms are busy, sign up on the wait list with ID.
- Both those students must be present to later claim the room.
- Leave 2 phone numbers.
- Staff will text when the room is free.
- Student will have 15 minutes to claim the room.
Please note that our goal is not to collect more fine monies. The goal is to distribute the rooms more widely for more students to use them during finals.