#SHU_Libraries are pleased to announce access to an important new electronic resource– Archives of Sexuality & Gender available at https://library.shu.edu/sexualitygender.
Archives of Sexuality & Gender spans the sixteenth to twentieth centuries and is the largest digital collection of historical primary source publications relating to the history and study of sex, sexuality, and gender research and gender studies research. Documentation covering disciplines such as social, political, health, and legal issues impacting LGBTQ (lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer) communities around the world are included, as well as rare and unique books on sex and sexuality from the sciences to the humanities to support research and education. The selection of materials for this milestone digital program is guided by an advisory board consisting of leading scholars and librarians in sexuality and gender studies.
For related resources, please visit our LGBTQ+ Resources Guide [link].
Let us know what you think! Send us your comments–Feedback Form
Connect with #SHU_Libraries Homepage · Email · Twitter · Facebook
The University Libraries are pleased to announce the acquisition of Sage Business Cases. Detail from the publisher:
SAGE Business Cases provides faculty and students with cases to support their curriculum and independent research. Offering 1,700 cases from around the world—this collection will grow to 2,500 case studies by 2018. These cases are:
- Accessible campus-wide, providing easy discovery for students and faculty for the use in courses and research
- Critically minded, up-to-date, and developed to elicit discussion and further research
- Accompanied by instructor-only teaching notes with suggested teaching strategies, target audience, and possible responses to discussion questions that can help facilitate classroom discussion
- Contemporary and newsworthy. Topics include Marketing, Operations Management, Small Business & Entrepreneurship, International Business, Human Resource Management, and more
- Designed to suit a range of academic uses: from short vignettes to narrative long form, written using both field research and publicly available sources.
This collection brings together cases selected from a variety of sources, including key university and association partnerships, to meet the needs of business faculty and students internationally.
The collection includes cases from a growing list of world-renowned institutions and associations:
- Yale School of Management, Yale University, USA
- Kellogg School of Management, Northwestern University, USA
- The Berkeley-Haas Case Series, Haas School of Business, University of California, Berkeley, USA
- Cambridge Judge Business School, University of Cambridge, UK
- The Eugene D. Fanning Center for Business Communication, Mendoza College of Business, University of Notre Dame, USA
- New in 2018! Institute of Management Accountants, USA
- Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM), USA
- Wits Business School, University of Witwatersrand, South Africa
- The Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad (IIMA), India
- Tsinghua University School of Economics and Management, China
- Institute for the Study of Diplomacy, Georgetown University, USA
- Graziadio School of Business and Management, Pepperdine University, USA
PhilPapers is a comprehensive index of philosophy books and articles by academic philosophers in all areas of philosophy, with a significant number of open access articles. The index allows users perform a simple or advanced search by words, author, publication, date and publication type or browse by structured areas, such as metaphysics and epistemology; science, logic and mathematics; and value theory; or by journal title.
PhilPapers has nearly 2,000,000 entries and 190,000 registered users. Account registration allows access to some advanced features, such as saved searches, but is not required to use the database.
Follow #SHU_Libraries on Twitter | Facebook
Enhance your research this semester with the following new databases:
Early American Newspapers, Series I (1690-1876)
First World War: Personal Experiences
Jewish Life in America, c1654-1954
JSTOR / Religion & Theology
Medieval and Early Modern Sources Online (MEMSO)
Visit us at http://library.shu.edu/databases.