The FBI’s nationwide arrest of draft violators reached its peak the night of May 15, as 638 men...Read More
Category: The home front
Vengeful Chicago Bears Coach Heartley “Hunk” Anderson has handpicked an all-star team to compete...Read More
About This Site
World War 2.0 tries to imagine what the reporting of World War II might have looked like if the conflict were taking place today. Articles are based on information that would have been available to the press at the time, but they are written using contemporary journalistic style. The authors are all students at Seton Hall University, working with assistant professor of journalism Matthew Pressman.
- Surprise Blackouts Sweep the East Coast
- Japanese Bombard, Occupy Manila
- Teachers making great sacrifices, but are they being asked to do too much?
- No Christmas Candy? Holiday Staples in Short Supply
- Draft age extension rushed; Congress debates age for military service
- U.S. ships torpedoed by enemy submarine off Virginia
- Married men to get draft deferment—for now
- President Roosevelt focuses on war in State of the Union address
- A Sailor's Story of Heroism and Survival at Pearl Harbor
- U.S. scores first major victory against Japanese at Midway