The FBI’s nationwide arrest of draft violators reached its peak the night of May 15, as 638 men...Read More
Category: The home front
Vengeful Chicago Bears Coach Heartley “Hunk” Anderson has handpicked an all-star team to compete...Read More
About This Site
World War 2.0 tries to imagine what the reporting of World War II might have looked like if the conflict were taking place today. Articles are based on information that would have been available to the press at the time, but they are written using contemporary journalistic style. The authors are all students at Seton Hall University, working with assistant professor of journalism Matthew Pressman.
- A Sailor's Story of Heroism and Survival at Pearl Harbor
- U.S. scores first major victory against Japanese at Midway
- Patriotism behind bars: U.S. prisons aid the war effort
- Japanese Bombard, Occupy Manila
- Axis forces in North Africa surrender: over 150,000 prisoners captured
- Los Angeles Blackout Shrouded in Confusion
- Eisenhower Leads US Troops into North Africa
- Hitler Accuses Roosevelt, Jews in Speech at Berlin Conference
- Censorship: A Necessary Evil?
- As rationing grows, so does the black market