Commander Howard W. Gilmore is being hailed as a hero after giving up his life to save his crew...Read More
Author: Iulia Vesel
The evidence against Ursula Parrott was extensive. She was spotted speeding out of a U.S. Army...Read More
About This Site
World War 2.0 tries to imagine what the reporting of World War II might have looked like if the conflict were taking place today. Articles are based on information that would have been available to the press at the time, but they are written using contemporary journalistic style. The authors are all students at Seton Hall University, working with assistant professor of journalism Matthew Pressman.
- Wartime Halloween means no trick-or-treating
- FBI Cracks Down on Draft Dodgers: 638 Arrested
- Married men to get draft deferment—for now
- Japanese Bombard, Occupy Manila
- U.S. scores first major victory against Japanese at Midway
- German Submarines Reach American Shores
- Censorship: A Necessary Evil?
- Axis forces in North Africa surrender: over 150,000 prisoners captured
- Aircraft mechanic’s time in hell
- U-Boats Again on the Prowl in the Atlantic