Commander Howard W. Gilmore is being hailed as a hero after giving up his life to save his crew...Read More
Author: Iulia Vesel
The evidence against Ursula Parrott was extensive. She was spotted speeding out of a U.S. Army...Read More
About This Site
World War 2.0 tries to imagine what the reporting of World War II might have looked like if the conflict were taking place today. Articles are based on information that would have been available to the press at the time, but they are written using contemporary journalistic style. The authors are all students at Seton Hall University, working with assistant professor of journalism Matthew Pressman.
- Patriotism behind bars: U.S. prisons aid the war effort
- Draft age extension rushed; Congress debates age for military service
- Surprise Blackouts Sweep the East Coast
- Hitler Accuses Roosevelt, Jews in Speech at Berlin Conference
- Married men to get draft deferment—for now
- As rationing grows, so does the black market
- Axis forces in North Africa surrender: over 150,000 prisoners captured
- U.S. scores first major victory against Japanese at Midway
- Censorship: A Necessary Evil?
- Government Bans U.S. Auto Production