Commander Howard W. Gilmore is being hailed as a hero after giving up his life to save his crew...Read More
Author: Iulia Vesel
The evidence against Ursula Parrott was extensive. She was spotted speeding out of a U.S. Army...Read More
About This Site
World War 2.0 tries to imagine what the reporting of World War II might have looked like if the conflict were taking place today. Articles are based on information that would have been available to the press at the time, but they are written using contemporary journalistic style. The authors are all students at Seton Hall University, working with assistant professor of journalism Matthew Pressman.
- Draft age extension rushed; Congress debates age for military service
- Japanese Bombard, Occupy Manila
- First U.S. Air Raid On Italy Leaves Naples Harbor In Ruins
- Patriotism behind bars: U.S. prisons aid the war effort
- Censorship: A Necessary Evil?
- Airmen rescued after three weeks at sea
- Married men to get draft deferment—for now
- Blood donation controversy raises questions about racial discrimination
- Surprise Blackouts Sweep the East Coast
- A Sailor's Story of Heroism and Survival at Pearl Harbor