Commander Howard W. Gilmore is being hailed as a hero after giving up his life to save his crew...Read More
Author: Iulia Vesel
The evidence against Ursula Parrott was extensive. She was spotted speeding out of a U.S. Army...Read More
About This Site
World War 2.0 tries to imagine what the reporting of World War II might have looked like if the conflict were taking place today. Articles are based on information that would have been available to the press at the time, but they are written using contemporary journalistic style. The authors are all students at Seton Hall University, working with assistant professor of journalism Matthew Pressman.
- Married men to get draft deferment—for now
- Surprise Blackouts Sweep the East Coast
- Axis forces in North Africa surrender: over 150,000 prisoners captured
- Shortage of fireworks, but not of patriotism, on this July 4th
- Casablanca is More Than a Romance Film
- Patriotism behind bars: U.S. prisons aid the war effort
- Hitler Accuses Roosevelt, Jews in Speech at Berlin Conference
- Teachers making great sacrifices, but are they being asked to do too much?
- Censorship: A Necessary Evil?
- Los Angeles Blackout Shrouded in Confusion