About This Site
World War 2.0 tries to imagine what the reporting of World War II might have looked like if the conflict were taking place today. Articles are based on information that would have been available to the press at the time, but they are written using contemporary journalistic style. The authors are all students at Seton Hall University, working with assistant professor of journalism Matthew Pressman.
- Hepburn Challenges Gender Roles in "Woman of the Year"
- Married men to get draft deferment—for now
- Airmen rescued after three weeks at sea
- Surprise Blackouts Sweep the East Coast
- Girl Scouts across the country aid war effort
- Patriotism behind bars: U.S. prisons aid the war effort
- Censorship: A Necessary Evil?
- Hitler Accuses Roosevelt, Jews in Speech at Berlin Conference
- U.S. ships torpedoed by enemy submarine off Virginia
- Japanese Bombard, Occupy Manila