It’s a merchant ship captain’s worst nightmare: a periscope eerily breaks the surface off the port...Read More
Author: Kevin Huebler
The sounds of war production will ring out a few hours longer each week, thanks to a new executive...Read More
By Kevin Huebler and J.P. Proulx The stars on the field are being called away to aid the stars and...Read More
About This Site
World War 2.0 tries to imagine what the reporting of World War II might have looked like if the conflict were taking place today. Articles are based on information that would have been available to the press at the time, but they are written using contemporary journalistic style. The authors are all students at Seton Hall University, working with assistant professor of journalism Matthew Pressman.
- A Sailor's Story of Heroism and Survival at Pearl Harbor
- Japanese Bombard, Occupy Manila
- Draft age extension rushed; Congress debates age for military service
- Censorship: A Necessary Evil?
- MacArthur Leaves Philippines to Defend Australia
- Married men to get draft deferment—for now
- Guam taken by Japanese
- Patriotism behind bars: U.S. prisons aid the war effort
- Surprise Blackouts Sweep the East Coast
- “Take her down!” Submarine Commander Sacrifices Himself to Save Crew