Commander Howard W. Gilmore is being hailed as a hero after giving up his life to save his crew...Read More
Category: War in the Pacific
After six months imprisoned by the Japanese, seven American journalists are now reported safe in...Read More
About This Site
World War 2.0 tries to imagine what the reporting of World War II might have looked like if the conflict were taking place today. Articles are based on information that would have been available to the press at the time, but they are written using contemporary journalistic style. The authors are all students at Seton Hall University, working with assistant professor of journalism Matthew Pressman.
- Draft age extension rushed; Congress debates age for military service
- Los Angeles Blackout Shrouded in Confusion
- Airmen rescued after three weeks at sea
- U.S. scores first major victory against Japanese at Midway
- Censorship: A Necessary Evil?
- Married men to get draft deferment—for now
- Hitler Accuses Roosevelt, Jews in Speech at Berlin Conference
- Japanese Bombard, Occupy Manila
- German Submarines Reach American Shores
- Patriotism behind bars: U.S. prisons aid the war effort