Republicans had major strategic victories in last week’s congressional election, shocking...Read More
Author: Brianna Martin
An American spy posing as a dishonorably discharged army lieutenant, a Canadian woman being...Read More
About This Site
World War 2.0 tries to imagine what the reporting of World War II might have looked like if the conflict were taking place today. Articles are based on information that would have been available to the press at the time, but they are written using contemporary journalistic style. The authors are all students at Seton Hall University, working with assistant professor of journalism Matthew Pressman.
- Draft age extension rushed; Congress debates age for military service
- Censorship: A Necessary Evil?
- Gas rationing to go nationwide despite opposition
- Airmen rescued after three weeks at sea
- Married men to get draft deferment—for now
- Japanese Bombard, Occupy Manila
- Axis forces in North Africa surrender: over 150,000 prisoners captured
- “Take her down!” Submarine Commander Sacrifices Himself to Save Crew
- Eisenhower Leads US Troops into North Africa
- A Sailor's Story of Heroism and Survival at Pearl Harbor