In the first land offensive of the war by American forces, Marines overtook several small Solomon...Read More
Author: Brianna Martin
About This Site
World War 2.0 tries to imagine what the reporting of World War II might have looked like if the conflict were taking place today. Articles are based on information that would have been available to the press at the time, but they are written using contemporary journalistic style. The authors are all students at Seton Hall University, working with assistant professor of journalism Matthew Pressman.
- Draft age extension rushed; Congress debates age for military service
- Teachers making great sacrifices, but are they being asked to do too much?
- Japanese Bombard, Occupy Manila
- Axis forces in North Africa surrender: over 150,000 prisoners captured
- German Submarines Reach American Shores
- Married men to get draft deferment—for now
- Patriotism behind bars: U.S. prisons aid the war effort
- Censorship: A Necessary Evil?
- String of Defeats Has Americans Asking: Could We Lose?
- Chaplin's 'The Great Dictator' Remains a Hit