In the first land offensive of the war by American forces, Marines overtook several small Solomon...Read More
Author: Brianna Martin
About This Site
World War 2.0 tries to imagine what the reporting of World War II might have looked like if the conflict were taking place today. Articles are based on information that would have been available to the press at the time, but they are written using contemporary journalistic style. The authors are all students at Seton Hall University, working with assistant professor of journalism Matthew Pressman.
- Married men to get draft deferment—for now
- Japanese Bombard, Occupy Manila
- Teachers making great sacrifices, but are they being asked to do too much?
- U.S. Detains Axis Nationals, Declares Them “Dangerous Aliens”
- MacArthur Leaves Philippines to Defend Australia
- U.S. scores first major victory against Japanese at Midway
- Higher Education Adapts to the War
- Shortage of fireworks, but not of patriotism, on this July 4th
- Surprise Blackouts Sweep the East Coast
- As rationing grows, so does the black market