In the first land offensive of the war by American forces, Marines overtook several small Solomon...Read More
Author: Brianna Martin
About This Site
World War 2.0 tries to imagine what the reporting of World War II might have looked like if the conflict were taking place today. Articles are based on information that would have been available to the press at the time, but they are written using contemporary journalistic style. The authors are all students at Seton Hall University, working with assistant professor of journalism Matthew Pressman.
- Married men to get draft deferment—for now
- Columbus Day Celebration Continues in the Face of War
- Guam taken by Japanese
- Gas rationing to go nationwide despite opposition
- Abbott and Costello shine in second service comedy—with a little help
- Hepburn Challenges Gender Roles in "Woman of the Year"
- Los Angeles Blackout Shrouded in Confusion
- Escape into Hitchcock's world with Foreign Correspondent
- MacArthur Leaves Philippines to Defend Australia
- Mexico Declares War on Axis Powers After U-Boat Attacks