“Girls, you know what’s happening?” the night nurse asked as a bewildered huddle of her co-workers...Read More
Before the war, Simeon Moss was playing for Rutgers University’s sprint football team. Less than a...Read More
William G. Roy, a flight deck motion picture cameraman aboard the aircraft carrier U.S.S....Read More
Guns firing. Bombs exploding. Screams of terror piercing the air. That is what December 7, 1941...Read More
About This Site
- Draft age extension rushed; Congress debates age for military service
- Japanese Bombard, Occupy Manila
- Married men to get draft deferment—for now
- Patriotism behind bars: U.S. prisons aid the war effort
- Chile breaks neutrality to preserve democracy
- Airmen rescued after three weeks at sea
- Teachers making great sacrifices, but are they being asked to do too much?
- Censorship: A Necessary Evil?
- Blood donation controversy raises questions about racial discrimination
- U.S. scores first major victory against Japanese at Midway