Louisiana Governor Sam Jones escorted the state’s first gold star mother of World War II into a...Read More
Author: Katelyn Fatzler
About This Site
World War 2.0 tries to imagine what the reporting of World War II might have looked like if the conflict were taking place today. Articles are based on information that would have been available to the press at the time, but they are written using contemporary journalistic style. The authors are all students at Seton Hall University, working with assistant professor of journalism Matthew Pressman.
- Red Cross rejoices in fundraising success
- Axis forces in North Africa surrender: over 150,000 prisoners captured
- Censorship: A Necessary Evil?
- Married men to get draft deferment—for now
- Japanese Bombard, Occupy Manila
- A Sailor's Story of Heroism and Survival at Pearl Harbor
- MacArthur Leaves Philippines to Defend Australia
- Eisenhower Leads US Troops into North Africa
- Airmen rescued after three weeks at sea
- President Roosevelt focuses on war in State of the Union address