Louisiana Governor Sam Jones escorted the state’s first gold star mother of World War II into a...Read More
Author: Katelyn Fatzler
About This Site
World War 2.0 tries to imagine what the reporting of World War II might have looked like if the conflict were taking place today. Articles are based on information that would have been available to the press at the time, but they are written using contemporary journalistic style. The authors are all students at Seton Hall University, working with assistant professor of journalism Matthew Pressman.
- Draft age extension rushed; Congress debates age for military service
- Airmen rescued after three weeks at sea
- Censorship: A Necessary Evil?
- German Submarines Reach American Shores
- U.S. scores first major victory against Japanese at Midway
- A Sailor's Story of Heroism and Survival at Pearl Harbor
- MacArthur Leaves Philippines to Defend Australia
- Patriotism behind bars: U.S. prisons aid the war effort
- Married men to get draft deferment—for now
- Rubber Shortage Has Widespread Impact