You can’t buy shoes. You need a coupon book to buy a limited supply of groceries for the week. And...Read More
Category: News Analysis
About This Site
World War 2.0 tries to imagine what the reporting of World War II might have looked like if the conflict were taking place today. Articles are based on information that would have been available to the press at the time, but they are written using contemporary journalistic style. The authors are all students at Seton Hall University, working with assistant professor of journalism Matthew Pressman.
- Draft age extension rushed; Congress debates age for military service
- Airmen rescued after three weeks at sea
- A Sailor's Story of Heroism and Survival at Pearl Harbor
- Merchant Marine: The war’s riskiest form of service
- Censorship: A Necessary Evil?
- Married men to get draft deferment—for now
- Hitler Accuses Roosevelt, Jews in Speech at Berlin Conference
- Japanese Bombard, Occupy Manila
- U.S. scores first major victory against Japanese at Midway
- MacArthur Leaves Philippines to Defend Australia