You can’t buy shoes. You need a coupon book to buy a limited supply of groceries for the week. And...Read More
Category: News Analysis
About This Site
World War 2.0 tries to imagine what the reporting of World War II might have looked like if the conflict were taking place today. Articles are based on information that would have been available to the press at the time, but they are written using contemporary journalistic style. The authors are all students at Seton Hall University, working with assistant professor of journalism Matthew Pressman.
- U.S. scores first major victory against Japanese at Midway
- Censorship: A Necessary Evil?
- A Sailor's Story of Heroism and Survival at Pearl Harbor
- Axis forces in North Africa surrender: over 150,000 prisoners captured
- U.S. Army sergeant tells of horrors on Bataan Peninsula
- Patriotism behind bars: U.S. prisons aid the war effort
- Aircraft mechanic’s time in hell
- Casablanca is More Than a Romance Film
- Airmen rescued after three weeks at sea
- Japanese Bombard, Occupy Manila