You can’t buy shoes. You need a coupon book to buy a limited supply of groceries for the week. And...Read More
Category: News Analysis
About This Site
World War 2.0 tries to imagine what the reporting of World War II might have looked like if the conflict were taking place today. Articles are based on information that would have been available to the press at the time, but they are written using contemporary journalistic style. The authors are all students at Seton Hall University, working with assistant professor of journalism Matthew Pressman.
- Married men to get draft deferment—for now
- German Submarines Reach American Shores
- Hitler Accuses Roosevelt, Jews in Speech at Berlin Conference
- Airmen rescued after three weeks at sea
- Censorship: A Necessary Evil?
- Axis forces in North Africa surrender: over 150,000 prisoners captured
- “Take her down!” Submarine Commander Sacrifices Himself to Save Crew
- Draft age extension rushed; Congress debates age for military service
- Japanese Bombard, Occupy Manila
- Aircraft mechanic’s time in hell