With news of a successful raid by the American Army Air Force on the mainland of Japan, many...Read More
Author: Benjamin K.
About This Site
World War 2.0 tries to imagine what the reporting of World War II might have looked like if the conflict were taking place today. Articles are based on information that would have been available to the press at the time, but they are written using contemporary journalistic style. The authors are all students at Seton Hall University, working with assistant professor of journalism Matthew Pressman.
- Married men to get draft deferment—for now
- Axis forces in North Africa surrender: over 150,000 prisoners captured
- Draft age extension rushed; Congress debates age for military service
- Teachers making great sacrifices, but are they being asked to do too much?
- Censorship: A Necessary Evil?
- Japanese Bombard, Occupy Manila
- MacArthur Leaves Philippines to Defend Australia
- Surprise Blackouts Sweep the East Coast
- As rationing grows, so does the black market
- Hitler Accuses Roosevelt, Jews in Speech at Berlin Conference