With news of a successful raid by the American Army Air Force on the mainland of Japan, many...Read More
Author: Benjamin K.
About This Site
World War 2.0 tries to imagine what the reporting of World War II might have looked like if the conflict were taking place today. Articles are based on information that would have been available to the press at the time, but they are written using contemporary journalistic style. The authors are all students at Seton Hall University, working with assistant professor of journalism Matthew Pressman.
- Draft age extension rushed; Congress debates age for military service
- U.S. scores first major victory against Japanese at Midway
- German Submarines Reach American Shores
- Patriotism behind bars: U.S. prisons aid the war effort
- Surprise Blackouts Sweep the East Coast
- Airmen rescued after three weeks at sea
- Los Angeles Blackout Shrouded in Confusion
- Aircraft mechanic’s time in hell
- MacArthur Leaves Philippines to Defend Australia
- FBI Cracks Down on Draft Dodgers: 638 Arrested