“Girls, you know what’s happening?” the night nurse asked as a bewildered huddle of her co-workers...Read More
Author: Julie Trien
Even though war can tear families apart and cause untold destruction, love and determination will...Read More
About This Site
World War 2.0 tries to imagine what the reporting of World War II might have looked like if the conflict were taking place today. Articles are based on information that would have been available to the press at the time, but they are written using contemporary journalistic style. The authors are all students at Seton Hall University, working with assistant professor of journalism Matthew Pressman.
- Wartime Halloween means no trick-or-treating
- Married men to get draft deferment—for now
- Surprise Blackouts Sweep the East Coast
- Teachers making great sacrifices, but are they being asked to do too much?
- Axis forces in North Africa surrender: over 150,000 prisoners captured
- Censorship: A Necessary Evil?
- Patriotism behind bars: U.S. prisons aid the war effort
- Government Bans U.S. Auto Production
- As rationing grows, so does the black market
- Hitler Accuses Roosevelt, Jews in Speech at Berlin Conference