Earlier this month, registration for gas rationing began in 17 eastern states and the District of...Read More
Author: Evelyn Peregrin
The Pacific War Council had its fourth meeting yesterday in Washington, where foreign...Read More
Edmund “Bing” Miller felt his back muscles clench as he shifted the heavy army pack that lay on...Read More
About This Site
World War 2.0 tries to imagine what the reporting of World War II might have looked like if the conflict were taking place today. Articles are based on information that would have been available to the press at the time, but they are written using contemporary journalistic style. The authors are all students at Seton Hall University, working with assistant professor of journalism Matthew Pressman.
- Married men to get draft deferment—for now
- Chaplin's 'The Great Dictator' Remains a Hit
- Eisenhower Leads US Troops into North Africa
- Patriotism behind bars: U.S. prisons aid the war effort
- Gas rationing to go nationwide despite opposition
- Casablanca is More Than a Romance Film
- Axis Powers Declare War: What's Next for U.S.?
- Blood donation controversy raises questions about racial discrimination
- War bond rallies helping to fund Allies' fight
- Mexico Declares War on Axis Powers After U-Boat Attacks