By Kevin Huebler and J.P. Proulx The stars on the field are being called away to aid the stars and...Read More
Vengeful Chicago Bears Coach Heartley “Hunk” Anderson has handpicked an all-star team to compete...Read More
About This Site
World War 2.0 tries to imagine what the reporting of World War II might have looked like if the conflict were taking place today. Articles are based on information that would have been available to the press at the time, but they are written using contemporary journalistic style. The authors are all students at Seton Hall University, working with assistant professor of journalism Matthew Pressman.
- Draft age extension rushed; Congress debates age for military service
- Axis forces in North Africa surrender: over 150,000 prisoners captured
- Airmen rescued after three weeks at sea
- Gas rationing to go nationwide despite opposition
- Surprise Blackouts Sweep the East Coast
- Censorship: A Necessary Evil?
- German Submarines Reach American Shores
- Married men to get draft deferment—for now
- “Take her down!” Submarine Commander Sacrifices Himself to Save Crew
- Hitler Accuses Roosevelt, Jews in Speech at Berlin Conference