At the Casablanca Conference, the U.S. and Great Britain officially unified with Free French...Read More
Author: Erika Szumel
Vengeful Chicago Bears Coach Heartley “Hunk” Anderson has handpicked an all-star team to compete...Read More
About This Site
World War 2.0 tries to imagine what the reporting of World War II might have looked like if the conflict were taking place today. Articles are based on information that would have been available to the press at the time, but they are written using contemporary journalistic style. The authors are all students at Seton Hall University, working with assistant professor of journalism Matthew Pressman.
- Draft age extension rushed; Congress debates age for military service
- Airmen rescued after three weeks at sea
- Married men to get draft deferment—for now
- Teachers making great sacrifices, but are they being asked to do too much?
- “Take her down!” Submarine Commander Sacrifices Himself to Save Crew
- Gas rationing to go nationwide despite opposition
- Life in the U.S. Army Air Force
- Japanese Bombard, Occupy Manila
- German Submarines Reach American Shores
- As rationing grows, so does the black market