The FBI’s nationwide arrest of draft violators reached its peak the night of May 15, as 638 men...Read More
Category: military draft
About This Site
World War 2.0 tries to imagine what the reporting of World War II might have looked like if the conflict were taking place today. Articles are based on information that would have been available to the press at the time, but they are written using contemporary journalistic style. The authors are all students at Seton Hall University, working with assistant professor of journalism Matthew Pressman.
- Draft age extension rushed; Congress debates age for military service
- Rubber Shortage Has Widespread Impact
- Japanese Bombard, Occupy Manila
- Airmen rescued after three weeks at sea
- Hitler Accuses Roosevelt, Jews in Speech at Berlin Conference
- Surprise Blackouts Sweep the East Coast
- String of Defeats Has Americans Asking: Could We Lose?
- Blood donation controversy raises questions about racial discrimination
- Married men to get draft deferment—for now
- German Submarines Reach American Shores