Congratulations to the 1240 students who are eligible to take part in Room Selection 2010 this coming April.
Be sure to check your email today for your Priority Point totals and Room Selection Instructions!
The next email you’ll get from us will have information about your Room Selection dates and times sometime closer to April.
Want to read more about Priority Points and how they’re done? Click here.
Priority Points were sent out on April 3rd to all students who are eligible to participate in the Room Selection process for next year. (Just a reminder, that means students who applied AND deposited by the February 20th deadline received the Priority Points.) There was a second emailing of corrected Priority Points emailed out on Wednesday, April 8th.
We learned a few things from our email pushes:
- About 150 students applied online for the wrong semester. Students who brought this to our attention had their application corrected and received an email with their Priority Point breakdown and totals. We also ran a report to see if there were anymore out there and contacted them to ask if they had applied for the correct semester. Those who responded back that they meant to apply for the Fall had their application amended and received their Priority Points (if they qualified.) All students who applied and deposited on time will be permitted to take part in Room Selection, as long as they applied and deposited on time. We’re working with our colleagues in web devo to get the application fixed so it’s much more easier to select the correct semester.
- Non-scholarship athletes were accidentally not given Priority Points and this was realized first thing on Monday morning. Also we realized a certain population of resident students did not receive credit for some program attendance. Both of these issues were fixed immediately and students who were impacted received updated Priority Point emails on Wednesday.
Priority Points will be emailed to students this Friday and will include a break-down of what you received for each category as well as your Priority Point total.
This was a terrific year for Priority Points! Here are the facts that prove it:
- There are over 1200 students who are eligible to participate in Room Selection.
- Of those, the average student earned a total of 26 Priority Points – that’s 3 points higher than last year’s average!
- Pirates are smart – the average total for academics was 7 points! That equates to an average GPA of 3.00-3.24!
- Because everyone’s so busy studying, they’ve got no time to make poor choices so our average judicial points total is an almost perfect 9!
- Res Hall Citizenship and Campus Involvement points are both tied at 5.
- 69% of the eligible students received credit for athletic event attendance – Go Pirates!
- 42% of the eligible students received credit for intramurals participation!
- Res Life staffers submitted 105 names for Star Resident points!
- And when our Pirates aren’t busy studying, keeping their nose clean, and playing or watching sports, almost 29% of them are working somewhere on campus! (We <3 our HRL OAs!)
- 110 clubs and organizations submitted Priority Point rosters this year.