The Archives & Special Collections Center is proud to present an exhibit that shows scenes from the Seton Hall campus from half a century ago to celebrate student life, academics, activities, and the school within the context of one of the most pivotal years and times in national and world history.
Counted among the highlights that happened at Seton Hall in 1968 include the following milestones . . .
- The South Orange campus of Seton Hall becomes fully Co-Educational.
- The Humanities Building (today known as “Fahy Hall” named in honor of Rev. Thomas Fahy) houses offices and classroom space is dedicated.
- The Boland Hall East Dormitories were also dedicated on October 23.
- Bishop John J. Dougherty serves as the University President (1959-69).
- Commencement takes place on June 8th of that year.
- Sister Agnes Reinkemeyer is appointed Dean of the School of Nursing on July 11th of that year.
- University Council approves Voluntary R.O.T.C. Program on campus.
- Business School starts plans for a new structure (ultimately completed in 1972).
- Spring Weekend at Seton Hall called the “Biggest and Best Ever” at the time.
- New Core Curriculum plan for the College of Arts & Sciences is discussed in December.
Examples from our collection will be on exhibit from October through December of 2018 in the First Floor foyer of Walsh Library located across from the stairs and elevator.
For additional background on the United States Constitution and questions about relevant holdings and other research topics please feel free to contact us at – firstname.lastname@example.org or (973) 761-9476.