Franz Mayer of Munich
Stained Glass Panel – Chapel of the Immaculate Conception
lead and glass
21 1/5” x 12 1/5”
Seton Hall University Archives and Special Collections
This stained glass window from the Chapel of the Immaculate Conception at Seton Hall University was one of six panels which were installed in 1903 when the main entrance was added to the building. Previously there was a side entrance, which was customary at the time, and prevented wind gusts from traveling the length of the chapel in inclement weather. When building the shrine to Mother Seton around the time of her canonization in 1975, these stained glass panels were removed and replaced with the present windows showing the shields of the various orders of nuns that go back to Mother Seton.