“Girls, you know what’s happening?” the night nurse asked as a bewildered huddle of her co-workers...Read More
Before the war, Simeon Moss was playing for Rutgers University’s sprint football team. Less than a...Read More
William G. Roy, a flight deck motion picture cameraman aboard the aircraft carrier U.S.S....Read More
Guns firing. Bombs exploding. Screams of terror piercing the air. That is what December 7, 1941...Read More
About This Site
- Married men to get draft deferment—for now
- Teachers making great sacrifices, but are they being asked to do too much?
- No Christmas Candy? Holiday Staples in Short Supply
- Draft age extension rushed; Congress debates age for military service
- Censorship: A Necessary Evil?
- Soldiers Trapped in Bataan Face Long Odds
- Airmen rescued after three weeks at sea
- Japanese Bombard, Occupy Manila
- Axis forces in North Africa surrender: over 150,000 prisoners captured
- German Submarines Reach American Shores