Louisiana Governor Sam Jones escorted the state’s first gold star mother of World War II into a...Read More
Author: Katelyn Fatzler
About This Site
World War 2.0 tries to imagine what the reporting of World War II might have looked like if the conflict were taking place today. Articles are based on information that would have been available to the press at the time, but they are written using contemporary journalistic style. The authors are all students at Seton Hall University, working with assistant professor of journalism Matthew Pressman.
- Draft age extension rushed; Congress debates age for military service
- U.S. scores first major victory against Japanese at Midway
- Airmen rescued after three weeks at sea
- Merchant Marine: The war’s riskiest form of service
- Censorship: A Necessary Evil?
- A Sailor's Story of Heroism and Survival at Pearl Harbor
- Jewish organizations hold anti-Nazi Rally at Madison Square Garden
- Hitler Accuses Roosevelt, Jews in Speech at Berlin Conference
- German Submarines Reach American Shores
- Axis forces in North Africa surrender: over 150,000 prisoners captured