The “Flying Tigers”, directed by David Miller and produced by Edmund Grainger, takes America into...Read More
Author: Samantha Becker
About This Site
World War 2.0 tries to imagine what the reporting of World War II might have looked like if the conflict were taking place today. Articles are based on information that would have been available to the press at the time, but they are written using contemporary journalistic style. The authors are all students at Seton Hall University, working with assistant professor of journalism Matthew Pressman.
- Draft age extension rushed; Congress debates age for military service
- Airmen rescued after three weeks at sea
- Married men to get draft deferment—for now
- German Submarines Reach American Shores
- Japanese Bombard, Occupy Manila
- Rubber Shortage Has Widespread Impact
- Merchant Marine: The war’s riskiest form of service
- “Take her down!” Submarine Commander Sacrifices Himself to Save Crew
- Censorship: A Necessary Evil?
- MacArthur Leaves Philippines to Defend Australia