“Girls, you know what’s happening?” the night nurse asked as a bewildered huddle of her co-workers...Read More
Author: Julie Trien
Even though war can tear families apart and cause untold destruction, love and determination will...Read More
About This Site
World War 2.0 tries to imagine what the reporting of World War II might have looked like if the conflict were taking place today. Articles are based on information that would have been available to the press at the time, but they are written using contemporary journalistic style. The authors are all students at Seton Hall University, working with assistant professor of journalism Matthew Pressman.
- Draft age extension rushed; Congress debates age for military service
- Japanese Bombard, Occupy Manila
- First U.S. Air Raid On Italy Leaves Naples Harbor In Ruins
- Censorship: A Necessary Evil?
- Married men to get draft deferment—for now
- Blood donation controversy raises questions about racial discrimination
- Airmen rescued after three weeks at sea
- A Sailor's Story of Heroism and Survival at Pearl Harbor
- Patriotism behind bars: U.S. prisons aid the war effort
- MacArthur Leaves Philippines to Defend Australia