The born-and-raised Hawaiian was getting ready for church on December 7, 1941 when the Japanese...Read More
Category: Military life
About This Site
World War 2.0 tries to imagine what the reporting of World War II might have looked like if the conflict were taking place today. Articles are based on information that would have been available to the press at the time, but they are written using contemporary journalistic style. The authors are all students at Seton Hall University, working with assistant professor of journalism Matthew Pressman.
- Surprise Blackouts Sweep the East Coast
- Axis forces in North Africa surrender: over 150,000 prisoners captured
- Teachers making great sacrifices, but are they being asked to do too much?
- Japanese Bombard, Occupy Manila
- Patriotism behind bars: U.S. prisons aid the war effort
- Hitler Accuses Roosevelt, Jews in Speech at Berlin Conference
- Married men to get draft deferment—for now
- Axis Powers Declare War: What's Next for U.S.?
- MacArthur Leaves Philippines to Defend Australia
- FBI Cracks Down on Draft Dodgers: 638 Arrested