The born-and-raised Hawaiian was getting ready for church on December 7, 1941 when the Japanese...Read More
Category: Military life
About This Site
World War 2.0 tries to imagine what the reporting of World War II might have looked like if the conflict were taking place today. Articles are based on information that would have been available to the press at the time, but they are written using contemporary journalistic style. The authors are all students at Seton Hall University, working with assistant professor of journalism Matthew Pressman.
- Draft age extension rushed; Congress debates age for military service
- Married men to get draft deferment—for now
- Japanese Bombard, Occupy Manila
- FBI Cracks Down on Draft Dodgers: 638 Arrested
- Censorship: A Necessary Evil?
- Eisenhower Leads US Troops into North Africa
- Patriotism behind bars: U.S. prisons aid the war effort
- Airmen rescued after three weeks at sea
- “Take her down!” Submarine Commander Sacrifices Himself to Save Crew
- Government Bans U.S. Auto Production