Earlier this month, registration for gas rationing began in 17 eastern states and the District of...Read More
Author: Evelyn Peregrin
The Pacific War Council had its fourth meeting yesterday in Washington, where foreign...Read More
Edmund “Bing” Miller felt his back muscles clench as he shifted the heavy army pack that lay on...Read More
About This Site
World War 2.0 tries to imagine what the reporting of World War II might have looked like if the conflict were taking place today. Articles are based on information that would have been available to the press at the time, but they are written using contemporary journalistic style. The authors are all students at Seton Hall University, working with assistant professor of journalism Matthew Pressman.
- Married men to get draft deferment—for now
- Teachers making great sacrifices, but are they being asked to do too much?
- Wartime Halloween means no trick-or-treating
- Japanese Bombard, Occupy Manila
- Surprise Blackouts Sweep the East Coast
- Hitler Accuses Roosevelt, Jews in Speech at Berlin Conference
- Censorship: A Necessary Evil?
- “Take her down!” Submarine Commander Sacrifices Himself to Save Crew
- Guam taken by Japanese
- Los Angeles Blackout Shrouded in Confusion