Earlier this month, registration for gas rationing began in 17 eastern states and the District of...Read More
Author: Evelyn Peregrin
The Pacific War Council had its fourth meeting yesterday in Washington, where foreign...Read More
Edmund “Bing” Miller felt his back muscles clench as he shifted the heavy army pack that lay on...Read More
About This Site
World War 2.0 tries to imagine what the reporting of World War II might have looked like if the conflict were taking place today. Articles are based on information that would have been available to the press at the time, but they are written using contemporary journalistic style. The authors are all students at Seton Hall University, working with assistant professor of journalism Matthew Pressman.
- Draft age extension rushed; Congress debates age for military service
- A Sailor's Story of Heroism and Survival at Pearl Harbor
- Japanese Bombard, Occupy Manila
- Censorship: A Necessary Evil?
- Airmen rescued after three weeks at sea
- Rubber Shortage Has Widespread Impact
- Aircraft mechanic’s time in hell
- Axis forces in North Africa surrender: over 150,000 prisoners captured
- Chile breaks neutrality to preserve democracy
- U.S. scores first major victory against Japanese at Midway