Republicans had major strategic victories in last week’s congressional election, shocking...Read More
Author: Brianna Martin
An American spy posing as a dishonorably discharged army lieutenant, a Canadian woman being...Read More
About This Site
World War 2.0 tries to imagine what the reporting of World War II might have looked like if the conflict were taking place today. Articles are based on information that would have been available to the press at the time, but they are written using contemporary journalistic style. The authors are all students at Seton Hall University, working with assistant professor of journalism Matthew Pressman.
- Draft age extension rushed; Congress debates age for military service
- Married men to get draft deferment—for now
- Patriotism behind bars: U.S. prisons aid the war effort
- German Submarines Reach American Shores
- Censorship: A Necessary Evil?
- U.S. ships torpedoed by enemy submarine off Virginia
- “Take her down!” Submarine Commander Sacrifices Himself to Save Crew
- Japanese Bombard, Occupy Manila
- FBI Cracks Down on Draft Dodgers: 638 Arrested
- U.S. scores first major victory against Japanese at Midway