Seton Hall University Libraries is pleased to offer the Life Magazine Archive, an extensive collection of the famed photojournalism magazine, spanning its very first issue in November 1936 through December 2000, in a comprehensive cover-to-cover format.
Access is available to current SHU Faculty, students, staff and administrators.
Published by Time Inc., the magazine has featured story-telling through documentary photographs and informative captions. Each issue visually and powerfully depicted national and international events and topical stories, providing intimate views of real people and their real life situations.
Articles and cover pages are fully indexed and advertisements are individually identified.
Subjects covered include:
- 20th-Century national and international events
- Topical stories
- Award-winning photojournalism
- The history of business
- Popular culture
Stories for covers shown:
- Aides Relieve Nurse Shortage (cover story). Life. 1942;12(1):32-34. Accessed September 21, 2018.
- CONTROL OF LIFE (cover story). Life. 1965;59(11):59-79. Accessed September 21, 2018.
- WHEELER K, LAMBERT W. UNEASY BALANCE – ETHICS vs PROFITS (cover story). Life. 1966;60(25):86-102. Accessed September 21, 2018.
- THOMPSON T. THE TEXAS TORNADO vs. DR. WONDERFUL (cover story). Life. 1970;68(13):62B-74. Accessed September 21, 2018.
[Blog reposted from the Library News Blog, Sebastian Derry, 9/21/2018]