J. Ellen Gainor lectured on Glaspell at an event hosted by the League of Professional Theatre Women on Monday, May 14, 2012 at the Martin E. Segal Theatre Center, 365 Fifth Avenue @ 35th Street, New York City.
The documentary film, “Sweet Tornado: Margo Jones and the American Theater,” was shown, followed by a Q&A and a panel. Ellen’s panel also featured Helen Sheehy on Eva Le Gallienne, Wendy Anne Vierow on Margaret Webster, and Susan Quinn on Hallie Flanagan, followed by a reception.
- The purpose of The International Susan Glaspell Society is the recognition of Susan Glaspell as a major American dramatist and fiction writer through the ongoing production of high-quality scholarship and critical analysis of all her works, participation in national and international conferences, performances and public readings of her plays, and commitment to reprinting and teaching her plays, stories, and novels.1 View on FacebookInternational Susan Glaspell SocietyJanuary 29th, 2015 at 3:05amCONFERENCE, Toulouse (France), 9-10 Feb. 2015
>> UNSPEAKABLE ACTS: MURDERS BY WOMEN
Martha C. Carpentier, President of the ISGS, will present Susan Glaspell's Trifles and "A Jury of her Peers".
A reading of Trifles by the students from Toulouse University is scheduled on 9 Feb. (directed by Emeline Jouve)
http://www.univ-tlse2.fr/accueil/agenda/l-acte-inqualifiable-ou-le-meurtre-au-feminin-reveler-avouer-temoigner--300027.kjspView on FacebookInternational Susan Glaspell SocietyJanuary 5th, 2015 at 6:54amAMERICAN THEATRE AND DRAMA SOCIETY CONFERENCE: “Writing, Teaching, Performing America,”
University of Kansas, Lawrence KS, 2005
Panel: “Susan Glaspell: Playwright Shaping/Transforming American Identity and Drama.”
Cheryl Black, Basia Ozieblo, Sharon Friedman, Sherry Engle, J. Ellen Gainor, Noelia Hernando-RealView on FacebookInternational Susan Glaspell SocietyJanuary 5th, 2015 at 6:47amSOCIETY FOR THE STUDY OF AMERICAN WOMEN WRITERS CONFERENCE
Philadelphia, PA, 2009
Panel: “Susan Glaspell’s Alison’s House and the Legacy of Emily Dickinson.”
Chair: J. Ellen Gainor, Cornell University.
From left to right: Drew Eisenhauer, Noelia Hernando-Real, Basia Ozieblo, Sharon Friedman.View on FacebookInternational Susan Glaspell SocietyJanuary 5th, 2015 at 6:42amPERFORMING BOHEMIA
SOCIETY FOR THE STUDY OF AMERICAN WOMEN WRITERS CONFERENCE
Business meeting, from lf to rt back row: Noelia Hernando-Real, Sharon Friedman, J. Ellen Gainor, Mike Solomonson, Drew Eisenhaur; front row: Basia Ozieblo, Cheryl Black, Judith Barlow
- French Society of Modernist Studies Inaugural Conference 2014
- Orange Tree Stages Springs Eternal 2013
- Shaw Festival in Ontario ProducesTrifles 2013
- 2013 Business Meeting Minutes
- Intertextuality in American Drama: Critical Essays on Eugene O’Neill, Susan Glaspell, Thornton Wilder, Arthur Miller and Other Playwrights (McFarland 2013)