May 28-30, 2012, Seville, Spain. Noelia Hernando-Real chaired the International Susan Glaspell Society panel, featuring the following papers: “Nora in America: Ibsen’s A Doll House as Intertext within a Tradition of Feminist Bildungsdrama in Plays by Eulalie Spence, Dawn Powell, Rachel Crothers, and Susan Glaspell” by Cheryl Black, University of Missouri, USA; “Why Do We Three Go Apart?: Love, The Mind-Body Problem, and Trajectories in Glaspell’s Oeuvre” by Michael Winetsky, CUNY, USA; “Some Challenges in Translating Suppressed Desires into Spanish” by Nieves Alberola Crespo, Jaume I University, Castellón, Spain. A large contingent of Glaspellians attended this conference hosted by the University of Seville in beautiful Andalucia, Spain!
- The purpose of The International Susan Glaspell Society is the recognition of Susan Glaspell as a major American dramatist and fiction writer through the ongoing production of high-quality scholarship and critical analysis of all her works, participation in national and international conferences, performances and public readings of her plays, and commitment to reprinting and teaching her plays, stories, and novels.View on FacebookInternational Susan Glaspell SocietyAMERICAN THEATRE AND DRAMA SOCIETY CONFERENCE: “Writing, Teaching, Performing America,”
University of Kansas, Lawrence KS, 2005
Panel: “Susan Glaspell: Playwright Shaping/Transforming American Identity and Drama.”
Cheryl Black, Basia Ozieblo, Sharon Friedman, Sherry Engle, J. Ellen Gainor, Noelia Hernando-RealView on FacebookInternational Susan Glaspell SocietySOCIETY FOR THE STUDY OF AMERICAN WOMEN WRITERS CONFERENCE
Philadelphia, PA, 2009
Panel: “Susan Glaspell’s Alison’s House and the Legacy of Emily Dickinson.”
Chair: J. Ellen Gainor, Cornell University.
From left to right: Drew Eisenhauer, Noelia Hernando-Real, Basia Ozieblo, Sharon Friedman.View on FacebookInternational Susan Glaspell SocietyPERFORMING BOHEMIA
SOCIETY FOR THE STUDY OF AMERICAN WOMEN WRITERS CONFERENCE
Business meeting, from lf to rt back row: Noelia Hernando-Real, Sharon Friedman, J. Ellen Gainor, Mike Solomonson, Drew Eisenhaur; front row: Basia Ozieblo, Cheryl Black, Judith Barlow1 View on FacebookInternational Susan Glaspell SocietyRICHARD STOCKTON COLLEGE OF NEW JERSEY SYMPOSIUM
"Americans and the Experience of Delphi,"
Delphi, June 2008
Current and FUTURE Presidents of ISGS in front of Acropolis
- French Society of Modernist Studies Inaugural Conference 2014
- Orange Tree Stages Springs Eternal 2013
- Shaw Festival in Ontario ProducesTrifles 2013
- 2013 Business Meeting Minutes
- Intertextuality in American Drama: Critical Essays on Eugene O’Neill, Susan Glaspell, Thornton Wilder, Arthur Miller and Other Playwrights (McFarland 2013)