May 28-30, 2012, Seville, Spain. Noelia Hernando-Real chaired the International Susan Glaspell Society panel, featuring the following papers: “Nora in America: Ibsen’s A Doll House as Intertext within a Tradition of Feminist Bildungsdrama in Plays by Eulalie Spence, Dawn Powell, Rachel Crothers, and Susan Glaspell” by Cheryl Black, University of Missouri, USA; “Why Do We Three Go Apart?: Love, The Mind-Body Problem, and Trajectories in Glaspell’s Oeuvre” by Michael Winetsky, CUNY, USA; “Some Challenges in Translating Suppressed Desires into Spanish” by Nieves Alberola Crespo, Jaume I University, Castellón, Spain. A large contingent of Glaspellians attended this conference hosted by the University of Seville in beautiful Andalucia, Spain!
Our Mission:The purpose of The International Susan Glaspell Society is the recognition of Susan Glaspell as a major American dramatist and fiction writer through the ongoing production of high-quality scholarship and critical analysis of all her works, participation in national and international conferences, performances and public readings of her plays, and commitment to reprinting and teaching her plays, stories, and novels.
- 2013 Business Meeting Minutes
- Intertextuality in American Drama: Critical Essays on Eugene O’Neill, Susan Glaspell, Thornton Wilder, Arthur Miller and Other Playwrights (McFarland 2013)
- 24th Annual American Literature Association Conference 2013
- Justice Served Symposia at MU 2012
- Pioneering Women Producers