By Karina Agarwal
Stillman News Writer
Calling all entrepreneurs! This is your chance to win up to $16,000 in seed funding for your business idea. Come and show off your entrepreneurial spirit at the 2021 Pirates Pitch hosted by the Center for Entrepreneurial Studies.
Pirates Pitch 2021 is the 11th annual Seton Hall University Business Startup Competition and is open to ALL students from across the university. The contest kicks off with the first workshop being held on February 10th and concludes with the final round on April 7th from 6:00pm-8:00pm. The virtual Pirates Pitch Finals will be open to the public. All are invited to attend and cheer on their favorite team.
At the competition, teams of student entrepreneurs will pitch their startup ideas to a panel of judges in hopes of potentially winning $16,000 in seed money and other various prizes. Student teams can consist of up to six members and will be judged on creativity. So, unleash your innovative side!
There will be up to five finalist teams selected and they will be invited to participate in the Pirates Launch Pad summer accelerator program, where they can earn an additional $1,500 in startup seed funding.
Participants will be mentored by Seton Hall’s finest to prepare them for success. The Center for Entrepreneurial Studies is here to help! The Center offers students individualized coaching and mentoring sessions as well as feedback on their business ideas. We can also help you to launch your start-up. We love seeing students grow and succeed. So, do not hesitate to reach out. For an appointment, please contact the Center Director, Susan Scherreik, at email@example.com.
In addition, we are hosting workshops to help you get started. These events will help you navigate your path to success. So, take advantage of this opportunity and come join us. What are you waiting for? Carve your own success story today!
Important Workshop Dates in 2021
• Wednesday February 10: Virtual Workshop 7-8 p.m. How to Enter Pirates Pitch, plus tips on turning your startup idea into a business model (Microsoft Teams)
• Wednesday February 17: Virtual Workshop 7-8 p.m. Creating a Winning Contest Application 7-8 p.m. (Microsoft Teams)
• Friday February 26: Pirates Pitch Applications Deadline
• Monday March 8: Preliminary Round of Pirates Pitch Contest Virtual 7-9 p.m. Virtual (Microsoft Teams)
• Wednesday March 10 Pitch Perfect: How to Create A Compelling Startup Pitch Virtual Workshop 7-8 p.m. (Microsoft Teams)
• Monday, March 30: Finalists Business Plans Due
• Wednesday, April 7 from 6-8 pm: Pirates Pitch Finals
Contact Karina at firstname.lastname@example.org