Welcome to Pirates Pitch 2020!
Pirates Pitch 2020 is the tenth annual Seton Hall University Business Startup Competition and is sponsored by the Center for Entrepreneurial Studies. The competition is open to ALL students at SHU. The contest kicks off in January 2020 and finishes with the finals round on April 1 from 6:00pm-8:00pm in Jubilee Hall Auditorium. At the contest, teams of student entrepreneurs will make their startup pitches to a panel of judges to compete for seed money before a live audience. Students, faculty, parents, alumni, and the public are invited to watch SHU’s version of Shark Tank and vote for their favorite team.
In honor of our tenth anniversary, we’re making the competition even more engaging and exciting. The seed money offered by the contest has increased to over $20,000. New this year, the Center will host a series of startup workshops in January, February, and March, and a summer accelerator program in May and June.
We are here to help! The Center can provide you with feedback on your business ideas, or help you to launch your start-up. For an appointment, contact Center Director Susan Scherreik at email@example.com.
Important Dates and Events in 2020
- Wednesday, January 22 from 7-8 pm in the Learning Studio (lower level Walsh Library): Workshop (“Pirate’s Pitch Information Session & Brainstorming an Awesome Idea!”)
- Wednesday, January 29 from 7-8 pm in the Learning Studio (lower level Walsh Library): Workshop (“Turning Your Idea Into a Business Model!”)
- Wednesday, February 5 from 7-8 pm in the Learning Studio (lower level Walsh Library): Workshop (“Creating a Winning Contest Application!”)
- Friday, February 14: Pirate’s Pitch 2020 Application Deadline
- Tuesday, February 18: The eight semifinalists are announced
- Wednesday, February 19 from 7-8 pm in the Learning Studio (lower level Walsh Library): Workshop (“Pizza & Pitches: How to create a winning pitch!”)
- Tuesday, February 25 from 7-9 pm: Semifinalist round contest
- Wednesday, February 26: Four finalists announced
- Wednesday, March 11 from 7-8 pm in the Learning Studio (lower level Walsh Library): Workshop (“Ask-a-Lawyer: Startup Legal Questions!”)
- Friday, March 20: 1-minute Pitch Video Due
- Monday, March 23: Finalists Business Plans Due
- Wednesday, April 1 from 6-8 pm Jubilee Hall Auditorium: Pirates Pitch Finals