Welcome to Pirates Pitch 2015!
Do you have an idea for a business? Or, have you already gone through the planning stages and are set to launch a venture? Perhaps you already operate your own business while attending Seton Hall University. In all three cases, you are in the right place!
Pirates Pitch 2015 is the 5th annual Seton Hall University Venture Fund Competition, sponsored by the Center for Entrepreneurial Studies in the Stillman School of Business.
In Pirates Pitch, student teams will compete for more than $10,000 in prizes and business services from January through April 2015. The winning team will receive $6,000, plus legal, marketing and other business services, to launch or grow its business. The runner-up team will receive $3,500, plus business services. There will also be an “Audience Choice” prize of $500 for the most popular finalist business idea.
The contest is open to all undergraduate and graduate matriculated students who are enrolled full-time or part-time at Seton Hall University.
One More Information Session!
Tuesday February 3rd at 8:30 p.m. in the Entrepreneurship Center, Room 528 Jubilee Hall
Come hear about the contest, preparing a winning application.
Our expert mentors will be available at the sessions to provide you with individualized and confidential advice on your business idea.
- Application and Business Idea/Startup Written Summary or Video Due: Tuesday, February 10, 2015
- Semi-Finalist Judging (10 entries): Thursday, February 19, 2015 in Jubilee Hall 7:30-9:30 pm in Entrepreneurship Center (All teams must present in person.)
- Five Finalists Announced Friday, February 20, 2015
- Finalists Business Plans Due: Tuesday, March 31, 2015
- Pirates Pitch Day– Finalists make 10-minute pitches to panel of Judges Friday, April 10, 2015 from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
Pirates Pitch Resource Guide Available!!!
For more information, click on Overview.
We are here to help! The Center can provide you with feedback on any business ideas you have for the contest. We also can provide ongoing mentoring if you would like to develop your idea between now and the contest. For an appointment, contact Center Director Susan Scherreik at firstname.lastname@example.org. Get started immediately!