Welcome to Pirates Pitch 2022!
Pirates Pitch 2022 is the 12th annual Seton Hall University Business Startup Competition and is sponsored by the Center of Innovation and Entrepreneurship. The competition is open to ALL students at SHU. The contest kicks off in February 2022 and finishes with the finals round on Tuesday April 5 from 6:00pm-8:30pm. in a virtual format on Microsoft Teams. At the contest, teams of student entrepreneurs will present their startup pitches to a panel of judges to compete for $16k in seed money. Plus, each Finalist team will receive a free three-month LivePlan startup development software subscription, pro bono legal advice from our sponsor Santomassimo Davis LLP, and be invited to participate in the Pirates LaunchPad summer accelerator program. (These services are worth $30,000 per team.)
The Pirates Pitch Finals contest on April 5 will feature John Fanta ’17, commentator, host and reporter with FOX Sports and the BIG EAST Digital Network, served as master of ceremonies. The event is open to the public. All are invited.
We are here to help! The Center offers students individualized coaching and mentoring sessions, and feedback on your business ideas. We can also help you to launch your start-up. For an appointment, contact Center Director Susan Scherreik at email@example.com.
Tune into the Pirates Pitch Startup Competition Livestream on Microsoft Teams Live on Tuesday April 5 at 6 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. Click HERE.
Congratulations to our finalists!
1. Elias Burgos – EB Sports Management
2. Lauren Huff – Entice Engine
3. Alvin Mitchell – Jiffy Technologies
4. Jae S Morris – Back2Roots
5. Henrik Pettersson – Shobai Global
6. Jonathan Soyka – Air Garden Inc.
Big Thanks to Our Law Firm Sponsorship
The Center for Entrepreneurial Studies thanks attorneys Christopher Santomassimo and Anthony Davis and their staff for providing legal assistance to our Pirates Pitch Finalists.
Important Workshop Dates in 2022
- Wednesday February 9: Workshop 7-8 p.m. How to Enter Pirates Pitch, plus tips on turning your startup idea Into a business model (Room 528 Jubilee Hall and also Microsoft Teams). Please click the link HERE to Register for the Feb. 9 workshop.
- Wednesday February 16: Workshop 7-8 p.m. Creating a Winning Contest Application 7-8 p.m. (Room 528 Jubilee Hall and also Microsoft Teams). Please click the link HERE to Register for the Feb. 9 workshop.
- Wednesday Feb. 23: Pitch Perfect: How to Create A Compelling Startup Pitch Workshop 7-8 p.m. (Room 528 Jubilee Hall and also Microsoft Teams). Please click the link HERE to Register for the Feb. 9 workshop.
- Friday February 25: Pirates Pitch Application Deadline.
- Monday February 28: Preliminary Round Contestants Will Be Announced.
- Thursday March 3: Preliminary Round of Pirates Pitch Contest from 7:30 -9 p.m.
- Friday, March 4: Finalists teams will be announced.
- Wednesday March 16: “Ask a lawyer” virtual workshop on Startup Business Legal Issue for College Entrepreneurs. 7:30-8:30 p.m. For more information click here. To access the legal workshop directly: Click here to join the meeting
- Friday, March 25: Finalists Business Plans Due.
- Tuesday, April 5 from 6-8:30 pm: Pirates Pitch Finals – in a virtual format on Microsoft Teams and livestreamed.