Welcome to Pirates Pitch 2015!
Do you have an idea for a business? Or, have you already gone through the planning stages and are set to launch a venture? Perhaps you already operate your own business while attending Seton Hall University. In all three cases, you are in the right place!
Pirates Pitch 2015 is the 5th annual Seton Hall University Venture Fund Competition, sponsored by the Center for Entrepreneurial Studies in the Stillman School of Business.
In Pirates Pitch, student teams will compete for more than $10,000 in prizes and business services from January through April 2015. The winning team will receive $6,000, plus legal, marketing and other business services, to launch or grow its business. The runner-up team will receive $3,500, plus business services. There will also be an “Audience Choice” prize of $500 for the most popular finalist business idea.
The contest is open to all undergraduate and graduate matriculated students who are enrolled full-time or part-time at Seton Hall University.
- Five Finalists Announced Friday, February 20, 2015
- Finalists Business Plans Due: Tuesday, March 31, 2015
- Pirates Pitch Day– Finalists make 10-minute pitches to panel of Judges Friday, April 10, 2015 from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. in the Jubilee Auditorium
CONGRATULATIONS TO THE FIVE FINALISTS:
- Jordan Canevary & Dylan O’Byrne – “The After Class”
- Mike Gavela, Brian Wreckler, & Johil Quezada – “Cthroo”
- Yonas Haile – “Fanify”
- Ryan Skolnick – “AvehoLearning”
- Aziz Syed & Brent Ciccarino – “Service Station”
- Sunny Bathla: Vice-President, Virtusa, & Founder, OSB Consulting
- Patrick Cozza: Group CEO, HSBC, Retired
- Ray Hoffman: Producer and Host, CEO Radio on WCBS Newsradio 880 and CBS Radio Network
- Michael Lucciola: CEO, Firefly Group and Seton Hall University Regent
- Pravina Raghavan: Senior Advisor, U.S. Department of Commerce
- Kim Wales: Founder, Wales Capital
Students, perspective students, parents, faculty, alumni and friends are all invited to Pirates Pitch Day!
Come and cheer on your favorite team and help them win the $500 Audience Choice Award!
1st place winning team will receive $6,000 plus business services.
2nd place winning team will receive $3,500 plus business services.
Friday, April 10, 2015 from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. in the Jubilee Auditorium
Pirates Pitch Resource Guide Available!!!
For more information, click on Overview.
We are here to help! The Center can provide you with feedback on any business ideas you have for the contest. We also can provide ongoing mentoring if you would like to develop your idea between now and the contest. For an appointment, contact Center Director Susan Scherreik at email@example.com. Get started immediately!