Welcome to Pirates Pitch 2014!
Do you have an idea for a business? Or, have you already gone through the planning stages and are set to launch a venture? Perhaps you already operate your own business while attending Seton Hall University. In all three cases, you are in the right place!
Pirates Pitch 2014 is the 4th annual Seton Hall University Venture Fund Competition, sponsored by the Center for Entrepreneurial Studies in the Stillman School of Business.
In Pirates Pitch, student teams will compete for more than $10,000 in prizes and business services from January through April 2014.
The contest is open to all undergraduate and graduate matriculated students who are enrolled full-time or part-time at Seton Hall University.
Two finalist teams tied for first-place honors in Stillman’s fourth annual Pirates Pitch Venture Fund Competition. Mary Beliveau and David Kelly, seniors in the School of Diplomacy and International Relations, were recognized for their plan for Mazava Solar, a solar-powered mobile phone charger specifically designed for use in developing countries. Stillman freshman Qingyu (Vito) Lu was selected for his plan to open a Video Game Console Café in his hometown in Nanjing, China. Both teams will receive a monetary award of $4,750 and business services to assist in launching their companies.
Attendees selected two “Audience Choice” awardees: Mazava Solar (described above) and HorseDr.com, a web-based resource for equestrians pitched by Stillman sophomore Selene Presseller. These two teams will receive a monetary award of $250.
Congratulations to all of our finalist teams — each delivered an impressive plan and pitch!
Congratulations to the Five Finalists Student Teams !
1. Mary Beliveau and David Kelly: Mazava Solar
2. Dominique Fortes and Kevin Belanger: Quick Fix Mirror
3. Qingyu (Vito) Lu: Video Game Console Cafe
4. Selene Presseller: HorsesDr.com
5. Michelle Tager and Ana Guliashvili: Lingual Books
The Finalists Judges:
- Bill Bartzak, President and CEO, MD On-Line
- Sal Cocco, Jr. , Financial Consultant, AXA Advisors
- Shannon Morris, President, Sigma Group
- Pravina Raghavan, Administrator of the Office of Investment and Innovation, U.S. Small Business Administration
- Steve Waldis, Chairman and CEO, Synchronoss Technologies
NEW!!! Pirates Pitch Resource Guide Available!!!
For more information, click on Overview.
We are here to help! The Center can provide you with feedback on any business ideas you have for the contest. We also can provide ongoing mentoring if you would like to develop your idea between now and the contest. For an appointment, contact Center Director Susan Scherreik at email@example.com. Get started immediately!