Welcome to Pirates Pitch 2021!
Pirates Pitch 2021 is the 11th annual Seton Hall University Business Startup Competition and is sponsored by the Center for Entrepreneurial Studies. The competition is open to ALL students at SHU. The contest kicks off in February 2021 and finishes with the finals round on April 7 from 6:00pm-8:00pm. At the contest, teams of student entrepreneurs will make their startup pitches to a panel of judges to compete for $16k in seed money. The virtual Pirates Pitch Finals contest on April 7 will be open to the public. All are invited.
We are here to help! The Center offers students individualized coaching and mentoring sessions, and feedback on your business ideas. We can also help you to launch your start-up. For an appointment, contact Center Director Susan Scherreik at email@example.com.
Big Thanks to Our Law Firm Sponsorship
The Center for Entrepreneurial Studies thanks attorneys Christopher Santomassimo and Anthony Davis and their staff for providing legal assistance to our Pirates Pitch Finalists.
Important Workshop Dates in 2021
- Wednesday February 10: Virtual Workshop 7-8 p.m. How to Enter Pirates Pitch, plus tips on turning your startup idea Into a business model (Microsoft Teams)
- Wednesday February 17: Virtual Workshop 7-8 p.m. Creating a Winning Contest Application 7-8 p.m. (Microsoft Teams)
- Friday February 26: Pirates Pitch Applications Deadline
- Monday March 8: Preliminary Round of Pirates Pitch Contest Virtual 7-9 p.m. Virtual (Microsoft Teams)
- Wednesday March 10 Pitch Perfect: How to Create A Compelling Startup Pitch Virtual Workshop 7-8 p.m. (Microsoft Teams)
- Monday, March 30: Finalists Business Plans Due
- Wednesday, April 7 from 6-8 pm: Pirates Pitch Finals