before the makeup

before the makeup

I would say, in my totally unprofessional opinion, the prepping your face for the makeup is the most important step. You need something to protect your pores before throwing 20 lbs of makeup onto it. There are a couple different ways you can do this. I would say I switch between and sometimes combine these two things to give my makeup and face a hydrated look. I tend to have combination skin but mostly dry so these products are just a little help in keeping the moisture in. First product I use is the Mario Badescu Facial Spray with aloe, herbs and rosewater. Rosewater is so good for the skin and really makes you feel refreshed. Although it may be a little expensive for the 4 fl oz you are getting, ringing up at about 7 dollars, it is 100% worth it.

The next item I use pretty much on a daily basis as well would be moisturizer. I can not tell you enough how important moisturizer is for your skin. I have tried others and this seems to be the one that works the best with my skin. I use the Pond’s Dry Skin Cream, which is about 5 dollars depending where you get it, and has 6.5 oz in it. I would say I have had this moisturizer close to a year and I love the moisture it gives me. I usually use this before my foundation if I choose to wear makeup that day or just all by itself. I have recently started to just use this instead of primer for my skin but of course everyone’s skin is different.

Please let me know if you also like these products or any suggestions for others! I would love to find a miracle one to fix everything so let me know what are your favorites.