Sister Estelle Ghidoni, biology professor, in lab
Art class outdoors at Marymount College: In 1923, the Religious of the Sacred Heart of Mary first established an all-girls school in Los Angeles. Marymount School moved to a new campus on Sunset Boulevard in Westwood and opened a two-year junior college in 1933. In 1948 the school became Marymount College of Los Angeles and …
Sr. Mary Jean Dorcy, O.P.: Sr. Mary Jean Dorcy, O.P., an artist who worked with cut paper, shares artwork with children, circa 1960.
Novices Studying: Photograph (9.25 x 7). During their “Canonical Year,” novices intently study vows and the Rule of the Sisters of Mercy.
Sister Irene Kutsky, ceramics professor.
Chemistry class: BVMs (Sisters of Charity of the Blessed Virgin Mary) and student with chemistry set.
Unidentified Sister and boy, St. Paul’s Orphanage, Crafton, Pennsylvania: Photograph (5 x 7). The Sisters of Mercy operated St. Paul’s Orphanage in Pittsburgh from 1846 until its closing in 1965.
Speech therapy at Mundelein College: Students and BVM (Sister of Charity of the Blessed Virgin Mary) working with girl in speech lab.
Educational TV, New York: Nun uses television as teaching aid in Science class.
Brooklyn Catholic Charities First American Congress of Social Concern (Item 616B): Nun delivers presentation on “The Pastoral Circle.”