During this time of need for virtual connection, there are some programs our office would like to bring to your attention. We want to help ensure that each of you has the ability to do the work you need to do without worrying about when, where or how you are going to have the internet access to do so. If you have any good resources to share, please email our office. Please see the resources below:
- Comcast is offering free access for 60 days to those who need it; and increasing speeds on that access. They are also opening all of the Xfinity Hotspots nationwide to everyone, regardless of whether you are an Xfinity subscriber. There are other updates and access options available as well. You can find all of the information here – https://corporate.comcast.com/covid-19.
- Spectrum is offering free internet for 60 days for any household with a K-12 or college student in it. To enroll your household in this Spectrum offer call 1-844-488-8395.It is important to note, customers who sign up for the free service will automatically be billed for using internet access after the first 60 days unless they call Spectrum to cancel the service.
- Altice USA/Optimum is providing free access to Altice Advantage 30 Mbps broadband solution for 60 days. New customers only. Eligible customers call: (866) 200-9522 to enroll and check out their website. No disconnects or late fees. Also, free public access at its hotspots. Hotspot locations: https://www.optimum.net/internet/hotspots/
- AT&T is offering free public access at its hotspots for 60 days. For hotspot locations: https://wifi.xfinity.com/
- Sprint is expanding roaming access to T-Mobile networks, offering free international calling, no late fees, and unlimited data.
- T-Mobile increased data allowance for free to schools and students through the EmpowerED programs. They are also offering unlimited data for all customers for at least 60 days.