Chaoran Zheng, Chinese Corner Project Assistant, created a video clip of Seminar on Classroom Management in Chinese Language Classes held in Walsh Library on February 23, 2018. | News Release | Program Flyer
Liuqing Yang, Chinese Corner Project Assistant, created a video clip of the Mid-Autumn Festival Celebration at Walsh Library on October 5, 2017. More than 50 people came to the event. They tasted mooncakes, learned how to make paper-cutting, and passed their blessings. Everyone enjoyed the activities with big smiles. | Program Flyer
Liuqing Yang, Chinese Corner Project Assistant, created a video clip of Chinese Speech Competition held by Asian Studies Program at Seton Hall University on April 20, 2017. Thirty-eight students took part in the competition from beginner to advanced levels. Every speech had its own characteristics. Prof. Jeffrey Rice of Chinese Literature and Civilization and Director of Asian Studies, and Prof. Dongdong Chen, Department Chair of Languages, Literature and Cultures, gave supportive remarks to the students. Everyone enjoyed the competition.
Chinese Corner is a collection of books and videos for learning Chinese language, history and culture.
- Chinese Corner Book and Video Titles
- Top Circulated Chinese Corner Titles
- Chinese Corner Annual Report, March 2018
- Chinese Corner Annual Report, November 2016
- Chinese Corner Annual Report, September 2015
- Statistics of Chinese Corner Collection between October 2014 and March 2015
- Book examples from Chinese Corner (by Mei Sha, 2015)
- Pictures from the poster of “Chinese Corner: From Library to Classroom” at VALE / NJ ACRL / NJLA CUS 17th Annual Users’ Conference, 1/15/ 2016 “Library as Locus: Energizing your Campus Community” Busch Campus Center, Rutgers University, Piscataway, New Jersey.
Global News Media on Chinese Corner and Seton Hall University
- Xinhua News Agency (新华社)：中国特色“汉语角”绽放全球
- Xinhua, english.news.cn
- Phoenix New Media Limited (凤凰网资讯)
- Global Times (环球时报)
- http://www.people.com.cn/ in Spanish (人 民 网 西班牙语)
Chinese Corner Promotional Video Clips created by Project Assistants (Graduate Students of Asian Studies): Chaoran Zheng (2018), Liuqing Yang (2017), Shangke Zhang (Spring 2016), Yunlong Du (Fall 2015), Mei Sha (Spring 2015), and Qingqing Lan (Fall 2014):
- Multicultural Day Event in Library Chinese Corner on April 26, 2018 (by Chaoran Zheng, 2018)
- Seminar on Classroom Management in Chinese Language Classes on February 23, 2018 (by Chaoran Zheng, 2018)
- Mid-Autumn Festival Celebration at Walsh Library on October 5, 2017 (by Liuqing Yang, 2017).
- Chinese Speech Competition held by Asian Studies Program on April 20, 2017 (by Liuqing Yang, 2017)
- Demo of Chinese Calligraphy and Paper Cutting on January 31, 2017 (by Liuqing Yang, 2017)
- Chinese Speech Contest (by Shangke Zhang, 2016)
- The mental activity of a new Chinese language learner (by Shangke Zhang, 2016)
- Mei Sha (Sammie) introducing Chinese Corner and Chinese Language Competition (by Mei Sha, 2015)
- Jeremy introducing books from Chinese Corner (by Mei Sha, 2015)
- Michael introducing books from Chinese Corner (by Mei Sha, 2015)
- Love Story at the Chinese Corner (by Mei Sha, 2015)
- Bringing the Chinese Corner to classrooms (by Yunlong Du, 2015)
- Faculty talking about the Chinese Corner (by Yunlong Du, 2015)
- American students reciting Chinese poems and so on (by Qingqing Lan, 2014)
Chinese Corner Tutoring Hours and Location
Press Release for the Chinese Corner Opening Ceremony (November 20, 2014) (Click to view pictures)
Chinese Corner Contact:
|Xue-Ming Bao, Ed.D., M.L.S.
Electronic Resources Librarian
Library Liaison to Asian Studies
Chinese Corner Contact
Seton Hall University Libraries
400 South Orange Avenue
South Orange, NJ 07079-2671
Email: Xue-Ming.Bao@shu.edu | CV
We are proud to be a part of the global effort funded by China Hanban, a National Office of Teaching Chinese Language, and coordinated by China Educational Publications Import and Export Corporation Ltd (CEPIEC).
Click the MAP and LOGOs of the Chinese Corners around the world.
Updated on 3/22/2018