About Me

About Me

My name is Bryan Lewis, a current Seton Hall student as well as an avid cook. I have always had an affinity for cooking and the powers that it can demonstrate. Much like food, my family has always held a close spot to my heart. Whether we would talk about it, laugh next to it, or celebrated with it, my family and food have always intertwined. Starting as a child, I cooked alongside my mom and grandma as often as possible, quickly learning everything they knew and more. As a 13 year-old, I decided to apply for a cooking job in order to learn more about the craft. I began as a prep cook at a dingy pub in town, peeling potatoes and carrots just to get even the slightest opportunity to learn. After jumping from restaurant to restaurant, I have now finally found myself burned out… and it isn’t even my career. Once I got to the college age, I realized that maybe the restaurant life wasn’t for me, but I was thankful for the skills that I acquired over that time. So now, as a Seton Hall student, I am constantly cooking at home and teaching others the basic skillsets that they should know in order to feel confident in their own cooking, a skill that everyone should possess. This brings me to the reason why I wanted to create this blog… to teach. While I didn’t go to culinary school nor was I trained by world renowned chefs, but I do feel that I am a capable cook who is knowledgeable about the culinary arts. With this blog, I hope to spread knowledge about cooking as well as provide outlets that helped me learn about cooking, such as my favorite YouTube channels, TV shows, etc.