To: The Great Leaders Who Have a Passion for Continuous Learning
Og Mandino in his book, “Greatest Salesman in the World,” recounts the legend of Hafid, a master salesman and trader who lived two thousand years ago in ancient Jerusalem. In the book Hafid tells the story of his extraordinary success – the wisdom found in ten secret scrolls given to him in his youth by Pathros, an old rich man, whose duty in life after having received them himself was to pass them on to the next generation. In receiving each scroll Hafid was to read it three times a day for thirty to ensure his understanding of its teaching. Each scroll contained a critical element in the great leaders’ personal growth and development.
1. Today, I begin a new life.
2. I will greet this day with love in my heart.
3. I will persist until I succeed.
4. I am nature’s greatest miracle.
5. I will live this day as if it is my last.
6. Today, I will be the master of my emotions.
7. I will laugh at the world.
8. Today, I will multiply my value a hundredfold.
9. I will act now.
10. I will pray, but my cry for help is only a cry for guidance.
The scrolls speak beautifully to the attitudes, behaviors and actions great leaders live as they achieve highly successful lives. The use of “I” in each phrase gives intensity to the personal ownership and accountability required of the journey. The word “will” underlines the passion and determination of their commitment to their life’s purpose. This is the magnificent spirit and mindset of great leaders.
Live your days repeating the words from the scrolls: “I am here for a purpose and that purpose is to grow into a mountain, not to shrink to a grain of sand. Henceforth will I apply ALL my efforts to become the highest mountain of all and I will strain my potential until it cries for mercy.” Become the highest mountain of all. The gifts, power and love to do this are already there within you. Find and live them. You will become the highest mountain… because you choose to be… because you are the best.
Have a beautiful day and a magnificent week!!!
- Sophia Joseph’s Women in the Making Interview
- Leadership Takes On Super Bowl Week in New York City