Commander Howard W. Gilmore is being hailed as a hero after giving up his life to save his crew...Read More
Category: Naval warfare
About This Site
World War 2.0 tries to imagine what the reporting of World War II might have looked like if the conflict were taking place today. Articles are based on information that would have been available to the press at the time, but they are written using contemporary journalistic style. The authors are all students at Seton Hall University, working with assistant professor of journalism Matthew Pressman.
- Draft age extension rushed; Congress debates age for military service
- Censorship: A Necessary Evil?
- Airmen rescued after three weeks at sea
- Japanese Bombard, Occupy Manila
- Patriotism behind bars: U.S. prisons aid the war effort
- Married men to get draft deferment—for now
- U.S. and Britain Demand Unconditional Surrender at Casablanca Conference
- Axis forces in North Africa surrender: over 150,000 prisoners captured
- Hitler Accuses Roosevelt, Jews in Speech at Berlin Conference
- German Submarines Reach American Shores