Commander Howard W. Gilmore is being hailed as a hero after giving up his life to save his crew...Read More
Category: Naval warfare
About This Site
World War 2.0 tries to imagine what the reporting of World War II might have looked like if the conflict were taking place today. Articles are based on information that would have been available to the press at the time, but they are written using contemporary journalistic style. The authors are all students at Seton Hall University, working with assistant professor of journalism Matthew Pressman.
- Draft age extension rushed; Congress debates age for military service
- Teachers making great sacrifices, but are they being asked to do too much?
- Japanese Bombard, Occupy Manila
- Married men to get draft deferment—for now
- Gas rationing to go nationwide despite opposition
- Airmen rescued after three weeks at sea
- A Sailor's Story of Heroism and Survival at Pearl Harbor
- As rationing grows, so does the black market
- Life in the U.S. Army Air Force
- Censorship: A Necessary Evil?