A little over two months after Bataan, Philippines, fell to the Japanese, the town of Harrodsburg,...Read More
Author: Ashley Turner
All of North America is now involved in the fight against the Axis Powers. Earlier this week, the...Read More
About This Site
World War 2.0 tries to imagine what the reporting of World War II might have looked like if the conflict were taking place today. Articles are based on information that would have been available to the press at the time, but they are written using contemporary journalistic style. The authors are all students at Seton Hall University, working with assistant professor of journalism Matthew Pressman.
- Draft age extension rushed; Congress debates age for military service
- U.S. scores first major victory against Japanese at Midway
- Airmen rescued after three weeks at sea
- Merchant Marine: The war’s riskiest form of service
- Censorship: A Necessary Evil?
- A Sailor's Story of Heroism and Survival at Pearl Harbor
- German Submarines Reach American Shores
- Jewish organizations hold anti-Nazi Rally at Madison Square Garden
- Hitler Accuses Roosevelt, Jews in Speech at Berlin Conference
- Guam taken by Japanese