Note: Students who began undergraduate studies before Fall 2019 may request that their progress toward completion of the primary or secondary major in English be assessed based on the arrangement that existed prior to Fall 2019. That arrangement is as follows:
Students who complete the four Honors Colloquia may pursue a primary or secondary major in English by completing 24 credits as specified below.
3 credits – ENGL 2204 – Introduction to Literary Studies
6 credits (2 courses) chosen from the list below:
- ENGL 2103 American Literature I
- ENGL 2104 American Literature II
- ENGL 2111 British Literature I
- ENGL 2112 British Literature II
15 Credits of Advanced English electives representing each of the five categories listed below:
- American Literature
- Pre-1800 British Literature
- Post-1800 British Literature
- Thematic/Comparative Literature
12 Credits of Advanced English electives representing four of the categories listed above AND the 3-credit ENGL senior seminar.