Students who complete the four Honors Colloquia may pursue a primary or secondary major in Political Science as follows:
The four Honors Colloquia count toward 12 credits of the Political Science major, specifically: Western Political Thought (3 credits), and three Political Science electives.
Beyond this, the remaining requirements for the major are:
- POLS 1211 United States Politics (3 credits)
- POLS 1611 Comparative Politics (3 credits)
- POLS 1711 International Relations (3 credits)
- POLS 2910 Research Methods (3 credits)
- Three Political Science electives
(Note: a Political Science Department Core III course (Engaging the World) would count as a Political Science elective and as an Honors Seminar)
- POLS 5012 – Senior Seminar (3 credits)
Honors Program students who are political science majors may choose to have their political science theses count as their Honors theses.