Contemplative Teaching Reading Group

Contemplative Teaching Reading Group

Starting spring 2019, Seton Hall faculty members are invited to join a reading group dedicated to the topic of mindfulness and contemplation in teaching and academic life. In keeping with this focus, the group will do a sustained reading of a single text and meet monthly throughout the semester. The intention of this reading group is to provide faculty members with an opportunity to cultivate more mindful, contemplative habits of scholarship and teaching through slow reading, group discussion, and personal reflection. This group is open to all faculty, whether you are a long-time practitioner of contemplative pedagogy or simply seeking for ways to slow down amidst the pressures of academic life. Anyone interested should contact Patrick Manning at manninpa@shu.edu.

2 comments for “Contemplative Teaching Reading Group

1. Mary Balkun
    November 23, 2019 at 7:01 pm

Hello Roberta, I will add you to the mailing list for the group. Dr. Balkun

2. Roberta Pughe
    November 22, 2019 at 11:02 am

I am a PhD graduate student in the SHU ELMP/Higher Education department. I have an EdS in Marriage and Family Therapy and a MA in Theology. I will be doing my dissertation on the topic of “Contemplative Pedagogy” and would like to join this group with the group’s permission. Thank you,
    Roberta Pughe