Three Minute Leadership: The “Simple Switch”

To:  The Great Leaders who Have a Passion for Continuous Learning

In a recent LinkedIn Influencers post, Productivity Hacks: Less Is More, Ray Chambers, United Nations Special Envoy for Financing the Health MDGs and for Malaria, shares his “simple switch” concept for increasing productivity in all parts of our life.

When the clock is ticking (which it always is) and I know I have a limited amount of time to produce a great impact, I look for the “simple switch” that can make the biggest impact. As I attempt to de-clutter my mind, it becomes easier to see the one simple solution that’s almost always right there. The “simple switch” creates a cascading effect, addressing multiple problems with one resolution and increasing my productivity exponentially. Problems might be multifaceted and complex, but solutions don’t need to be.”

Chambers’ beautiful “simple switch” turns on the light of clarity: to see beyond complexity; to bring focus to the real issues or problems; to see and feel with objectivity based on purpose. As great leaders, may you always keep your “simple switch” in the “on” position.  Remember his words: “Sometimes the best way to be productive is to sit back and quietly look for that one simple switch. It can change your life, and from my experience, potentially the lives of millions more.”  The switch is there… pause, reflect, dream.  You will find it… and with it, you will change the world.

Have a beautiful day and a magnificent week!!!