Three Minute Leadership: What If?

To:  The Great Leaders Who Have a Passion for Continuous Learning

In the movie, Letters to Juliet, we find this enchanting thought: “’What’ and ‘If’ are two words as non-threatening as words can be. But put them together side-by-side and they have the power to haunt you for the rest of your life: What if? What if? What if?” 

“What if’s” in the lives of great leaders are the beginnings of dreams and visions, the seeds of infinite possibilities, the nourishment of challenges and risks that will stretch them to explore their undiscovered, extraordinary greatness.  They provide pause for quiet reflection – of what could have been or what could be – and inspire new insights and learning.

What are the important “what if’s” in your life (professional and personal) at this moment? Some that come to mind may be:

What if…

I stopped doing those things that don’t have the value-add needed by my current priorities?

I reshaped my life and chose to follow a different path?

I bring more balance to my own life? How will that change things?

(Name a person) had not entered my life?

I could be more than I ever dreamed I could be?

Our “what if’s” are the fiery embers and inspirations that push us to find those incredible and beautiful gifts within ourselves.  Socrates, Greek philosopher, said: “The unexamined life is not worth living.”  He also counseled: ““Let him that would move the world, first move himself.” Find the full richness and beauty in yourself.  To the last “what if” above, remember the words from Josh Groban’s song, Believe: “You have everything you need… if you just believe.”  Grab every moment and enjoy the excitement and fun of your magnificent journey.

Have a beautiful day and an incredible week!!!

Mike