A Third of a 39 Hour Day in Paris

Bonjour! Bénédictions de France! And thank God for Google translate which has helped us, unprepared speakers, to pick up a little French on our first day in Paris!

After the long travels from Sun Prairie to Miniapolis  (thanks to Luke’s aunt and uncle for the ride!), a pleasently unexpected switch to a direct flight, and some jogging around Paris, Dcn. Jared Holzhuter’s blessing has seen us safely to our hotel, 28 hours later, for an actual nights sleep. The good Deacon was kind enough to join us and our families for a pilgrimage blessing before we hit the road.image

After quickly eating lunch and dropping off our gear in our hotel room, we hiked through the rainy streets to Notre Dame, stopping in the French Pantheon and a Church on the way. Finally there, we paused at the Blessed Sacrament Chapel to say evening prayer and a thanksgiving for our safe travels. There we also offered our pilgrimage to the Blessed Mother, asking her to safely lead us closer to her Son.image

After such a long day, the “I can’t believe this is happening” nerves that I felt leading up to the trip have settled into a hopeful confidence of “this is really happening now.” The uncertainty shifted into appreciation and expectation once we left the plane. We had arrived in Paris and so began the first of many days, not yet determined, but open to the awaiting adventures.

Some of you have asked us to carry you in our prayers, and there are many more for whom we have already been praying without bring asked. I invite you to continue sending us prayer requests, especially as we have good wifi now! I hope that this blog can be a fruitfull way to share our journey with you so that we can both keep eachother in thought and prayer. May you walk the Camino with us on a spiritual pilgrimage of your own.image

-Michael

2 thoughts on “A Third of a 39 Hour Day in Paris”

1. Hi Betsy, of course I remember you! It is just luke and I on this pilgrimage. Know if our prayers and our desire to be united to our Lord and ask the saints.

2. Beautiful!! I finally gets to be part of this journey too!! Thank you Blessed Mother!!!

Oh Mike… keep me and my family(ies) with you and Luke…… along with others who are journey with you guys.

How so exciting!! this journey the 2 or 3 of you are doing. How this is a amazing grace!!

toward becoming a priest! learning, seeing, touch!! witness, grow in the virtures, ( I see the yellow path!! like Wizard of Oz! yes…. you are walking with our Lord! yes!!! Praise God!! for your awesome, awesome journey! I will keep you wonderful guys in my heart of prayers! along with all of our spiritual families!!
    I love reading your blogg! keeps us untied with you………..You have all the saints, all the angels traveling with you! Yes!! how beautiful is that!!

If you can’t get to mass.. You know a few things keep in mind!! ask your guardian angel
    to go to mass for you! Yes!!

another one…. do you know you can do Spiritual communion!!!??? all thru the day! keep praying that!! God is good! Praise God!!

May our Lord bless you and Keep you!!
    I love you brother in Christ!!!

hugs!!

your sweet sister In Christ,

I hope so!
    lol

Betsy Bellissimo

remember me?!!!!
    Have a safe trip! round trip!! by the way! don’t forget St. Michael!
    Jesus, I trust in you!!!

Peace, peace, peace, love, faith, Mercy be with you both!

Betsy