Mobilizing Physician Assistants Educational and Professional Outreach to Underrepresented Urban Communities
The Physician Assistant Program is accepting applications for the Mobilizing Physician Assistants Outreach and Educational Enrichment Program.
This is a year-long program for underrepresented high school students grades 9 through 12 who are interested in pursuing a career in healthcare. The purpose of this initiative is to introduce youth to the Physician Assistant (PA) profession, engage a diversity pipeline into the PA profession and University, and facilitate community outreach.
Application Opens: May 15
Deadline: June 21
Program Timeline: October through May
Benefits for the students:
- Learn about opportunities and the PA profession
- Receive guidance from faculty and PA students.
- Hands-on clinical skills and poster presentation.
- Earn a Certificate of Completion.
- Must be a high school student, grade 9 -12 (at the start of this program).
- Must identify as African American, Asian or Pacific Islander, Hispanic or Latino, OR come from an economically or educationally disadvantaged background.
- Must complete the full required application.
The first 30 applicants to fully complete this application and fulfill the criteria will be considered for admission for this program.
Accepted applicants will be notified by August 30th.
Location: Seton Hall University International Health Science Campus, 340 Kingsland Street, Nutley, NJ 07110 and/ or High School.
Program Dates and Times: The activities will be held once a month on weekdays and/ or weekends. The specific times and dates are to be determined.