The National Science Foundation is now receiving applications for the Faculty Early Career development Program (PECASE). Up to 450 applicants from across the nation will be selected for the award.
Interested applicants can follow this link for additional information regarding eligibility and the application process.
Each year NSF selects nominees for the PECASE from among the most meritorious recent “CAREER” awardees. NSF encourages submission of CAREER proposals from eligible early-career faculty at all CAREER-eligible organizations, especially women, members of underrepresented minority groups, and persons with disabilities.
Selection for this award is based on two important criteria:
1) Innovative research at the frontiers of science and technology that is relevant to the mission of NSF, and,
2) Community service demonstrated through scientific leadership, education, or community outreach.
The anticipated total funding amount is estimated around $222,000,000 and there are no limitations on the number of applications from each organization.
This program is a Foundation-wide activity that offers the National Science Foundation’s most prestigious awards for faculty members beginning their independent careers.
The intent of the program is to provide stable support at a sufficient level and duration to enable awardees to develop careers not only as outstanding researchers but also as educators demonstrating commitment to teaching, learning, and dissemination of knowledge.
Cost Sharing or Matching Requirement: Inclusion of voluntary committed cost sharing is prohibited.
Full Proposal Deadlines (due by 5 p.m. submitter’s local time):
July 19, 2017 for BIO, CISE, EHR
July 20, 2017 for ENG
July 21, 2017 for GEO, MPS, SBE
Estimated Total Program Funding: $222,000,000
Award Ceiling: Not specified
Link to Additional Information:
General inquiries regarding this program should be made to:
- Division CAREER contacts listed on the CAREER web page at: http://www.nsf.gov/crssprgm/career/contacts.jsp
- Henry A. Warchall, telephone: (703) 292-4861, email: email@example.com
- See Contacts listing, NSF, telephone: (703) 292-5111, email: firstname.lastname@example.org