September 2016: Seen and Heard at New Student Orientation

The Seton Hall higher education community welcomed 13 new master’s and doctoral students at Fall 2016 New Student Orientation on August 27. Incoming students were offered the opportunity to network with core faculty and HEGSA stewards during breakfast, learned about Seton Hall and the higher education programs during a general session, and had the chance to hear more about their respective higher education program during concurrent breakout sessions.

The group of new students come from throughout the nation and from diverse career backgrounds, including: human resources, business, and education. We asked some of the incoming students what they were most looking forward to, here’s what we heard:

“I’m looking forward to transitioning from my business background to higher education.” Ryan Rhodes

“As a new master’s student, I’m looking forward to connecting with other higher education students and forming a network of support and collegiality.” Jasmine Boddie

“I’ve heard wonderful things about Dr. [Joseph] Stetar and his Historical Development of American Education course. I’m looking forward to taking the class this semester and expanding my knowledge of the history of higher education.” Andrea Del Priore

“The two things I’m most looking forward to are meeting fellow graduate students and exploring new research avenues.” Linda Okoye

“I’m looking forward to starting my coursework and meeting new students in the program.” Megan Matesic

“As an incoming student, I’m looking forward to forming a sense of community with fellow graduate students and having access to graduate assistantships.” Amanda Maybaum

“I can’t wait to get back in the classroom and start my academic journey toward my Ed.D.” Scott Strother